The 2010 Carr Syrah, Morehouse Vineyard has hints of chocolate and raspberry on the palate so it was only natural to pair it with this delicious melt in your mouth cupcake.
Raspberry-Filled Molten Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 6 tbsps. unsalted butter room temp
- 4 lg. eggs
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour (leveled)
- Pinch of salt
- 11 oz. semisweet chocolate, melted (2 1/2 cups chopped)
- 18-36 raspberries
- Confectioners’ sugar, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line 12 cup standard muffin tin cups with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl with a mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium high until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. With mixer on low, beat in flour and salt. Beat in chocolate until just combined.
3. Divide half the batter among cups, add two raspberries to each, and top with remaining batter. Bake until tops are just set and no longer shiny, 10 to 11 minutes, let cool in pan on a wire rack, 10 minutes. Remove from pans, dust with confectioners’ sugar, and top with ice cream, if desired.
(recipe adapted from Martha Stewart)