Now that the holidays are near and the weather is starting to cool off we thought we might share this great recipe. It is a great quick recipe when you are busy and on the go. Paired with our 2012 Carr Pinot Noir, Santa Barbara County this is the greatest comfort meal on a chilly evening.
Ravioli with Wild Kale & Mushrooms
- 2 lb. fresh cheese ravioli
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- 4 tbsps. butter, divided
- 4 c. mixed mushrooms
- 1 small bunch kale, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1/3 c. red wine
- 1/3 c. grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 tbsp. fresh sage, chopped
- 1/4 c. fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tbsps. toasted pine nuts
1. 1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. While the water comes to a boil, heat a large skillet over high heat, add the olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter. When the butter is melted, sprinkle in the mushrooms in a single layer without stirring them. Let them caramelize on one side, about 2 minutes. When the bottoms are caramelized, toss them once and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Continue to cook without stirring for about 5 minutes. Add the chopped kale and 1 more tablespoon butter, cook until the kale is lightly wilted, about 2 minutes. Once the kale is wilted reduce the heat and add the garlic, cook for about 1 minute. Add the red wine and chicken broth, simmer until the sauce has reduce by about 1/4.
3. Meanwhile, boil the ravioli for about 3-4 minutes or until they float to the surface. Add the ravioli to the sauce along with the remaining tablespoon of butter and the parmesan cheese. Cook about 2-3 minutes or until everything is coated. Remove from the heat and stir in the sage + basil. Divide the ravioli among plates and garnish with toasted pine nuts and parmesan cheese.
Adapted from Half Baked Harvest