With the holidays fast approaching we are creating great shipments for our Cluster and Pinot Wine Club Members that will be going out in the beginning of December. We decided to include one of our favorite library wines for our Pinot Noir Club. We recently opened the 2006 Carr Pinot Noir from Lindsay’s Vineyard and it is incredibly smooth with some earthy Burgundian qualities and holiday spices. The wine goes great with this Roast Pork recipe.
Roast Pork with Cinnamon & Cloves
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom
- 5 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. star of anise salt and pepper
- 4.5 lbs. boned pork roast
1. Preheat the oven to 400º. Put the first six ingredients in a mini food processor or mortar and pestal and make a paste. Salt and pepper to taste.
2. Remove the pork rind and fat in one piece from the top of the meat. Score a diamond pattern on the top surface of the meat, then rub in the spice mixture. Replace the piece of rind and fat, and tie all the way along the roast with a long piece of kitchen string at one inch intervals. Place the pork in a roasting tin and roast for one and a half hours.
3. Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 15 minutes, then remove the string and carve the pork into slices. Serve with a side of roasted parsnips.
Adapted from Red Online