This recipe is another Carr favorite, created by us for you to try. And while this dish pairs equally well with our other Syrahs, it is the most tempting alongside our 2014 Carr Syrah from Tierra Alta Vineyard. For an added burst of flavor, roast some bacon with the brussel sprouts! (Bacon makes everything better, trust us.)
Burgundy Pepper Lamb Tips
with Balsamic Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- 1-2 lbs. lamb tips
- 1½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ c. oil
- ½ c. Carr Syrah
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 2 tbsp. molasses
- 2 lb. brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1. Mix ½ tsp. salt, ½ tsp. pepper, minced garlic, oil, red wine, ketchup and molasses in a bowl to make a marinade. Mix the marinade with the lamb tips in a mixing bowl and coat. Cover with a lid and refrigerate at least one hour or overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 425ºF and line a baking sheet with foil. In a large bowl, toss together brussels sprouts, red onion, olive oil, 1 tsp. salt, ½ tsp. pepper and mustard seeds. Transfer to prepared baking sheet and spread out evenly.
3. Roast veggies for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring once in between, until sprouts are tender and slightly browned.
4. In a large pan, cook the marinated lamb tips on medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side, until brown.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, honey and Dijon.
6. Place lamb and roasted veggies on a plate and drizzle with sauce.
From our kitchen to yours. Cheers!