We love our Pinot Noir here. Even more is when we can enjoy a bottle with a delicious meal. Try this mushroom gnocchi recipe paired with our 2013 Carr Pinot Noir, Turner Vineyard for a palate pleaser.
Mushroom Gnocchi with Walnut Pesto
For the Pesto
- 1 c. walnuts
- ½ c. Parmesan cheese
- ¼ c. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Gnocchi
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 21 oz. fresh sliced mushrooms
- 32 oz. Gnocchi (2 packages)
- 4 c. arugula
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley
1. Toast the walnuts in a nonstick skillet over medium low heat, shaking or stirring to make sure they don’t burn. Pulse the walnuts, parmesan, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper until a textured paste forms. Set aside.
2. Bring a pot of water to boil. Add the gnocchi and cook until they float to the top of the water. Drain and set aside.
3. While the gnocchi is cooking, heat the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté for a few minutes until the mushrooms are browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Add the gnocchi to the mushrooms in the pan. Over medium high heat, stir in about half of the walnut mixture. Stir occasionally until you get some golden brown texture on your gnocchi. Add the parsley and toss gently to combine.
5. Toss with arugula and serve.
*With the remaining pesto, add a little more water and salt and pulse to form a sauce if you want to serve along side your dish. Drizzle over each serving.
recipe adapted from Pinch of Yum