The days are getting longer and the weather is getting hotter – rosé season has arrived! Celebrate with our 2015 Carr Pinot Noir Rosé paired with this peach and prosciutto pizza. The fruity flavors from the rosé are thoroughly complimented by this eclectic Springtime dish. Enjoy this combo from now until the end of summer!
Peach and Prosciutto Pizza with Basil & Honey Balsamic Reduction
- 1 (16 oz) pizza dough, homemade or store bought
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- Salt and pepper
- 3 oz. prosciutto
- 4 oz. ricotta cheese
- 5 oz. fresh mozzarella, diced into small cubes
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 1.5 medium peaches
- 1 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c. honey
- Flour, for dusting
- 1/3 c. fresh basil leaves, chopped
1. Place pizza stone in oven and preheat oven to 450 degrees. Let pizza stone preheat with oven and rest 30 minutes (assemble pizza during last 10 minutes or so).
2. Pour balsamic vinegar and honey into a large and deep skillet. Set skillet over medium heat, allow mixture to cook and simmer, until reduced to slightly under a 1/2 cup, about 15 minutes. Stir mixture occasionally during first 5 minutes, then stir constantly during last 10 minutes. Set aside.
3. Lightly dust a sheet of parchment paper (about 14-inch long) with flour. Stretch and shape dough into a 12 1/2-inch round.
4. In a small bowl, stir together olive oil and garlic. Brush mixture evenly over top of the entire pizza crust, working to evenly distribute garlic. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Lay the prosciutto in an even layer, aligning pieces side by side. Dollop small portions of the ricotta over pizza, then sprinkles with mozzarella cubes and goat cheese.
5. Cut peaches into slices (slightly over 1/4-inch thick). Layer peaches evenly over pizza. Transfer pizza on parchment to preheated pizza stone in oven. Bake 10 – 12 minutes until edges are lightly golden.
6. Remove from oven, sprinkle with fresh basil, and drizzle with honey balsamic reduction. Cut into slices and serve warm.
recipe adapted from Cooking Classy