Grilling is a great way to get out of the kitchen and enjoy the long summer days. This citrusy shrimp recipe will make you feel on vacation in your own backyard! Add a bottle of 2015 Carr Sauvignon Blanc to your meal to complete the perfect summer night.
Cilantro and Lime Grilled Shrimp
- 1 lb. shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 limes, juice and zest
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- ½ jalapeño, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- salt and pepper
1. Marinate the shrimp in a mixture of the lime juice, zest, oil, cilantro, jalapeño, garlic, salt and pepper for 30 minutes.
2. Skewer the shrimp and grill over medium-high heat until cooked, about 2-3 minutes per side.
recipe adapted from Closet Cooking