It’s Memorial Day and we’re celebrating with some good old fashioned American bacon. And we’re pairing it with our first ever 2015 CrossHatch Rosé. Bacon and rosé, you may ask? You bet! This rosé is a blend of Mourvèdre and Cabernet Franc, so while it is crisp and fruity, it maintains hints of mild herbs, white pepper, and subtle spices. This firecracker-combo will have you feeling like it’s the Fourth of July.
Strawberry Bacon Salad
- ¼ c. olive oil
- ¼ c. orange juice
- ¼ c. golden balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp. fresh ground pepper
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- 5 oz. mixed greens
- 1 c. sliced strawberries
- ½ c. pecan halves
- ½ c. goat cheese
- 4 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
1. Layer salad ingredients in a large bowl. (Double for a large crowd.)
2. Prepare dressing by combining all ingredients and shaking until blended.
3. Pour dressing over salad as desired.
recipe adapted from Lemon Tree Dwelling.