In lieu of sharing our “super secret” homemade Carr pasta recipe, it felt necessary to share our favorite pasta sauce recipe as well! Pair this sauce with your favorite pasta and a bottle of 2013 Carr Sangiovese. We love to serve this with turkey meatballs as well. Yum!
Carr’s Homemade Marinara Sauce
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary, finely minced
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 1 c. Parmesan cheese
- pinch red pepper flakes
- salt and black pepper to taste
1. Place oil, garlic and red pepper flakes in a saucepan and heat over medium heat until the garlic becomes fragrant and starts to sizzle, being careful not to let the garlic brown.
2. Pour the tomatoes into the pan, add oregano, rosemary, bay leaves, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, stir.
3. Reduce heat to medium low and allow to simmer for about an hour. Stir occasionally to keep from sticking to the bottom of the pan. If the sauce is bubbling too much, reduce heat further.
4. Remove from heat, and remove bay leaves before serving.
From our kitchen to yours. Cheers!