A coffee rubbed duck breast and a bottle of 2014 Carr Hillside Whole Cluster Pinot? Three words: Wow. Ah-ma-zing. De-lish-ous.
That is all.
Coffee Rubbed Duck Breast
- 4 6oz duck breasts
- 1 tbsp. ground coffee
- 1 ½ tsp. brown sugar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 tbs. vegetable oil
1. Combine coffee grounds and all spices together in a bowl and set aside.
2. With a sharp knife, score the skin of the duck by cutting at a diagonal, but not too deeply. You want to cut through the skin, not into the meat.
3. Coat the meat side of the duck breast with the coffee and spice mixture. Place a pan over medium heat and add oil. When oil is hot, place the duck skin side down in the pan. Cook 6-7 minutes, until the duck has a deep brown color. Remove the duck from the pan and drain oil. Return the pan to the stove and heat over low heat. Place the duck back in the pan, skin side down for 6 minutes.
4. Raise the heat to medium and turn the breast over. Cook 2-3 minutes, until browned.
5. Set the duck aside and let it rest. Thinly slice the breast before serving.
recipe adapted from DoughMesstic