We all know the rule – fish pairs with white wine. But what is so fun about rules is that we can break them! Which is why we here at Carr prefer our fish with a side of 2013 Carr Syrah from Morehouse Vineyard. The peppercorn butter adds depth to an already heartier type of fish, creating the perfect meal for Syrah.
with Peppercorn Butter
- ¼ c. (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp. ground mixed peppercorns
- ½ tsp. grated lemon peel
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 swordfish fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- Salt and peppercorns to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Mash butter, parsley, garlic, mixed peppercorns, and lemon peel in small bowl. Season to taste with salt.
2. Heat oil in heavy large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle swordfish with salt and ground mixed peppercorns. Add swordfish to skillet. Cook until browned, about 3 minutes.
3. Turn swordfish over and transfer to oven. Roast until just cooked through, about 10 minutes.
4. Transfer swordfish to plates. Add seasoned butter to same skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, scraping up browned bits, until melted and bubbling. Pour butter sauce over swordfish and serve.
recipe adapted from Epicurious