We are excited to announce the release of our 2014 Carr Santa Barbara County Pinot Noir! With bright acidity, red fruit, and subtle woody earth, this wine club exclusive is the perfect red wine to enjoy as we reach the end of summertime. The gentle hints of tart fruit in this Pinot nicely compliment this sunny kumquat chicken recipe. Easy enough for weeknights, but elegant enough to impress all your guests, this pairing is sure to light up your evenings in the coming cool weather.
Oven-Roasted Kumquat Chicken
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 limes
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 ½ c. sliced kumquats
- 1 c. whole cherry tomatoes
- 8 small potatoes
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a large roasting pan or dutch oven with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Pat chicken dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper, set aside.
2. Slice 1 lime into wedges. Zest and juice remaining lime. In a bowl, whisk together 2 tbsp. olive oil, honey, garlic, shallot, rosemary, lime juice and lime zest. Season with salt and pepper. Add kumquats, tomatoes, potatoes and lime wedges to the bowl and toss to coat.
3. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan or skillet with a slotted spoon. Coat chicken in remaining oil mixture and add to pan, skin-side up. Place in the oven.
4. Roast about 40 to 60 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender. Baste with pan juices occasionally.
recipe adapted from PCC Natural Markets