Out here on the west coast, we’ve got daylight savings giving us extra sunlight, paired with some amazing warm weather. This is the perfect time of year to dust off the grill and start spending more time outdoors. Try grilling up some salmon topped with zingy nectarine salsa, while enjoying a glass of 2015 Carr Pinot Noir from the Yard Vineyard.
with Nectarine Salsa
- 2 tbsp. red onion
- 2 nectarines
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeño (optional)
- 1 tbsp. fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tbsp. dried tarragon
- 4 skinless salmon fillets
- 1 tsp. olive oil
1. Grease a clean grill grate. Prepare an outdoor grill for covered, direct grilling on medium.
2. Chop the red onion, nectarine, red bell pepper, jalapeño, and cilantro. Place the onion in a cup with cold water and let it sit for 10 minutes. In a medium bowl, stir together the nectarines, bell pepper, jalapeño, lime juice, cilantro, and ¼ tsp. salt.
3. In a separate small bowl, combine the tarragon, ¼ teaspoon salt, and black pepper. Brush the salmon fillets with oil and rub the tarragon mixture to coat both sides.
4. Place the salmon on hot grill grate. Cover and cook salmon 8 to 10 minutes or until it turns opaque throughout, turning over once. Transfer to platter.
5. Drain and dry the onion. Stir the onion into the nectarine mixture and serve over grilled salmon.
recipe adapted from Good House Keeping