A zoodle? What is a zoodle? A zoodle is simply a noodle made from zucchini, and it is a fantastic substitute for real noodles. It tastes great and it’s perfect for adding more vegetables to your diet. Enjoy this dish with a glass or two of 2016 Carr Sauvignon Blanc to get your daily serving of fruit – that counts, right?
Shrimp Scampi Zoodles
- 4 medium zucchini, washed and trimmed
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1½ c. dry white wine
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp. cold butter, cut into 3 pieces
- ¼ c. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, sliced into wedges
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Insert flat end of one zucchini into a spiralizer and turn to make noodles. Repeat with remaining zucchini. Cut the noodles to 7 inch lengths and place in a colander. Sprinkle with salt and gently mix to coat noodles. Set aside and let noodles drain over a dish.
2. In a medium bowl, season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Place shrimp in an even layer on a pan and roast in the oven for 8 minutes.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, add oil, garlic, onions, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes. Adjust heat to medium-high and add the wine, lemon juice and zest. Simmer until sauce has reduced. Drain zucchini noodles and pat dry with paper towels. Add to sauce and toss until warmed through.
4. Reduce heat to low and stir cold butter into sauce, then add cooked shrimp. Toss with parsley and garnish with lemon wedges. Serve immediately.
recipe adapted from Delish