“The Inn Crowd, hosted by producer Craig Case with Chef Michael Hutchings presents a day at the Carr Winery. Ryan and Jessica Carr graciously invited us into their winery to tape a delicious edition of The Inn Crowd. Ryan Carr is the owner, winemaker and grower for Carr Vineyards & Winery. Growing up in Southern California Ryan always had an interest in farming, but never expected he would end up in the wine industry. After graduating from the University of Arizona with an Art degree, Ryan moved to Santa Ynez Valley in California where he discovered the wine industry. With just a taste of some of the local wines he decided to pursue a career in viticulture. He began working in the fields pruning vines with one of the local vineyard management companies.”
- 3 gelatin leaves
- 2 c. heavy cream
- 3¼ oz. sugar
- 2 vanilla beans, split
- 2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 6 fresh passion fruits, scooped out of shell
- 1 basket fresh berries
- 6 mint leaves
- 6 coconut sable cookies (see recipe)
- 2 kiwis, peeled & sliced
1. Soak gelatin leaves 5 minutes in cold water to soften.
2. Place sugar and cream in a sauce pan. Add vanilla beans and heat to just below the boiling point, 190ºF.
3. Remove the gelatin from the water and wring out excess moisture. Stir gelatin into the warm cream mixture along with the vanilla extract.
4. Pass though a fine sieve. Cool in a bowl in the fridge, stirring every few minutes. Just before is set up, pour into 4 ounce molds. Allow to set in fridge at least 2 hours to allow the gelatin to firm up.
5. Unmold onto a cool plate. Garnish with passion fruit, berries, kiwi, mint. Serve cookies on the side.
recipe created by Michael’s Catering