Sweet and spice and everything nice! Pair this age old trio with the enticing earthiness of our 2014 Carr Pinot Noir, Hillside Whole Cluster.
Sweet and Spicy Pork
- 4 center cut pork loin chops
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 can of sliced peaches in juice, rinsed and drained
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ½ c. chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- salt to taste
1. Preheat a skillet to medium-high heat. Season pork with salt and pepper on either side.
2. Spray pan with cooking spray, and add pork to pan. Brown on the first side for 5 minutes until golden and flip.
3. Add red onions to the pan, stir, and turn the heat down to medium. Cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add peaches, red pepper, chicken broth, and apple cider vinegar to the pan and cover. Cook for 10 minutes on medium-low.
5. Uncover the pan and sprinkle in the cornstarch. Stir into the pan, removing all clumps, and turn heat up to medium. Simmer for 1 minute until the sauce is thickened. Remove the pan from the heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
recipe adapted from LedBlog