Cabernet Franc is a Carr classic. Full bodied, yet smooth. Herbal, yet fruit forward. Elegant, yet sassy. Grab a bottle of the newest 2014 Carr Cabernet Franc and see for yourself! This vintage is bursting with aromas of fresh cut poblano pepper, flavors of black cherry and cracked white pepper, and finishes with lengthy, herbal hints. This is a wine like no other.
Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1 lb. whole white mushrooms
- 1 c. wilted spinach
- ⅓ c. plain greek yogurt
- 2 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ c. shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- ¼ tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 c. chopped artichoke hearts
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ c. breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp. shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF and lightly grease a baking dish. Remove stems from the mushrooms.
2. Mix together the spinach, greek yogurt, cream cheese, 1/3 c. parmesan cheese, garlic, and ¼ tsp. Italian seasoning. Stir in the artichoke hearts and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Use a spoon to scoop a small amount of the spinach artichoke mixture and gently press into the mushrooms to fill them. Place in prepared baking dish.
4. Stir together bread crumbs, remaining parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning. Sprinkle on top of the stuffed mushrooms.
5. Cover dish with foil and bake for 15-20 minutes – uncover for the last 5 minutes. The mushrooms should be tender and the topping lightly browned. Serve warm.
recipe adapted from Creme de la Crumb