With bright citrus and a refreshing finish, the 2016 Carr Pinot Gris is the perfect mate for spicy, zesty, or exotic dishes. With red chilis, lime juice and coconut cream, this chicken recipe is all of the above! Follow the recipe as is or throw it in a crock pot for 8 hours on low, 4 hours on high.
Coconut Lime Chicken
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ c. red onion, chopped
- 1 red chili, chopped
- 1 c. chicken stock
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- ½ tsp. red chili flakes
- ½ c. coconut cream
1. Sprinkle each side of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over a medium high heat on the stove. Add the chicken breasts and cook each side for 5-7 minutes or until browned on each side. Remove the chicken from a skillet and set aside on a plate.
2. Add the onion to the same skillet and sauté for a few minutes to soften. Add the chili pepper and sauté another couple of minutes. Add the chicken stock, lime juice, cilantro and chili flakes. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce down to a simmer. Let simmer for about 5 minutes to let reduce down.
3. Add the coconut milk and bring to simmer again for 5 minutes. Once the sauce thickens, reduce it back down to a simmer.
4. Add the chicken back to the skillet, cover and let cook for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
5. Serve on top of rice or potatoes, with the sauce spooned over the top.
recipe adapted from A Saucy Kitchen