Have you tried the 2014 Carr Cabernet Franc Reserve yet? If not, do yourself a favor and grab a bottle, ASAP. Made from the best four barrels of the 2014 vintage, this wine is bursting with flavors of jalapeño, poblano, and white pepper. We’ve paired it with the quick yet tasty recipe so you can get through cooking and straight to drinking!
Chicken Thighs with
Rosemary Mushroom Cream Sauce
- 6 chicken thighs, trimmed
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 12 oz. mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 c. chicken stock
- 2 tbsp. fresh rosemary
- 2 c. heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Pat chicken thighs dry, and season with salt and pepper. In a large cast iron skillet, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil until hot. Lay chicken thighs into pan, skin down, and cook for 3-5 minutes until skin is golden brown. Flip and repeat on other side. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
2. Clean, dry, and slice the mushrooms. In same pan add the remaining 1 tbsp. olive oil, mushrooms and garlic. Sauté until browned and slightly tender. Add chicken stock and rosemary and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the heavy cream, and bring to a boil, stir well, then turn down to let simmer 10 minutes.
3. Add the chicken thighs back to the pan with the mushrooms and sauce. Place the whole pan into the oven and bake 20-25 minutes.
4. Turn to broil and broil to brown the top and crisp the chicken for 3-5 minutes. Remove from oven, and serve immediately.
recipe adapted from Eazy Peazy Mealz