Just in time for all the hot weather we’ve been having, the 2017 Carr Pinot Gris is here for a refreshing and crisp white wine that will keep you cool for the remainder of the summer. We have paired this wine with an equally delicious salmon burger. This recipe comes from our very own Beka Breneman. You can follow her on Instagram @the_swingingfork for this and many more gorgeous recipes!
“I used Ezekiel bread but sourdough, brioche, or a regular hamburger bun work great as well. Enjoy!” – Beka Breneman
Salmon Burger with
Lemon Aioli & Baby Greens
For the Burger
- 2 cans wild caught salmon
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. chopped capers
- 1 tbsp. chopped chives
- 1 tbsp. chopped flat leaf parsley
- salt and pepper
- ¼ c. Pablo bread crumbs + ½ c. for crust
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- burger bun of your choice
- handful of baby greens
For the Aioli
- ½ c. mayonnaise
- juice of one lemon
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
1. In medium bowl, mix the salmon, egg, mayonnaise, capers, and all herbs. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add ¼ c. Panko crumbs to bind the mixture. Form into 4 patties and set aside. Put the remaining bread crumbs on small plate and dip the patties to form a crust in both sides.
2. In medium sauté pan, heat the olive oil until warm but not smoking. Add the patties and cook until a gold crust forms, about 3 to 4 minutes each side. Once done, set aside on a plate with a paper towel.
3. For the aioli, combine the mayonnaise, lemon, and garlic and set aside.
4. To assemble your burger: toast the bun and slather with aioli. Top with mixed baby greens, salmon burger, and more aioli.