On this rainy night in Santa Barbara, tonight seems like the perfect time to light a fire in the fireplace, pop open a bottle of 2017 Carr Syrah, Santa Barbara County and start cooking.
with Rosemary-Garlic Potatoes
- 1 Tri-Tip Roast (1.5 to 2 lbs.)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 small red-skinned potatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Combine seasoning ingredients; season Tri-Tip Roast with 1/2 of the seasoning. Combine remaining seasoning with oil in large bowl, add potatoes and onions, then toss to coat.
- Place roast in roasting pan. Arrange the potatoes and onions around roast.
- Bake, uncovered, 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender and lightly browned. Broil for 4-5 minutes to get the potatoes a little extra crispy.
- Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Carve roast against the grain and serve with your favorite salad.